Ultraviolet radiation in the 200-300 nanometer (nm) range is extremely effective in killing microorganisms such as airborne and surface bacteria, viruses, yeasts and molds.
Aqualight® low-pressure, mercury-arc germicidal lamps are specially designed to produce the highest amounts of UV radiation - typically about 90% of the total rated energy is at 253.7nm. This radiation is very close to the peak of the germicidal effectiveness curve of 265nm, the most lethal wavelength to microorganisms. Our germicidal lamps are used extensively in air and water purification applications such as in the food and beverage industry, medical applications, HVAC systems (Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning), pharmaceutical and semiconductor sterilization applications. In addition, they are used in drinking water, waste water and ground water remediation.
Lamp tube current 800mA High Output (HO) germicidal lamps yield 1/3 to 2/3 more UV output than standard output 425mA lamps of the same length. The ozone action germicidal lamps generate energy at 185nm in addition to the 253.7nm line.
UV lights can only be effective if it is absorbed by the target. This varies according to the dissolved substances in water (mainly due to iron, humic acids and tannins). Suspended solids shield microorganism need filtration.
Contamination on quartz sleeve surface due to chemical and biological deposits (mainly inorganic scale: iron, magnesium, calcium, aluminum, manganese, sodium, and anionic carbonate, phosphate, sulphate and organic biofilms) thereby prevents UV lights transmission.
This has an effect on scattering, absorption and penetration of UV lights.
Operating temperature levels is an important factor to cause fouling, scaling on the quartz sleeve surface thereby obstructs transmissibility.
- Environmentally friendly, no dangerous chemicals to handle or store, no problems of overdosing
- Low initial capital cost and reduced operating expenses when compared with other technologies such as chemical processing
- Immediate treatment process, no need for holding tanks, long retention times
- No chemicals added to water supply; no by-products
- No change in taste, odor, pH, conductivity or the general chemistry of the water
- No handling of toxic chemicals, no need for specialized storage requirements
- Simplicity and ease of maintenance, periodic cleaning (if applicable) and annual lamp replacement
|Lamp Part#||Power (watts)||Base Face to Base Face(mm)||Wavelength(nm)||Tube Current (mA)||Quartz Sleeve Part#||OD*ID*Length(mm)|
|Lamp made by Light Sources, Inc. In Connecticut, USA|
|▸ T5 lamp tube (O.D. 15mm), 10,000 hours rated life|
Lamp Base Face to Base Face
Quartz Sleeve LengthO.D. - I.D.